Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cilantro Vodka

Summer time is upon us in Columbia which means it's time to sit on the porch sipping some Dee-lish cocktails. This year my friend Scott of Corley Mill Catering turned me on to the idea of infusing vodka to expand on cocktail capabilities.

An herb that really pleases the pallet of my friends and finds regular and versatile use in our kitchen, and we grow it in our garden, is cilantro. So what better way to experiment with vodka infusion than with something we have readily available and know we like in various combinations?

Just to add a twist and some extra versatility to the concoction we zested a lemon and put just a few pieces in the mason jar with the vodka. I didn't add too much because Lemon Zest is potent and could easily over power the flavor of the cilantro.

This concoction, assuming we can demonstrate a modicum of self control, will steep for at least a week. I look forward to sipping on a nice V&S -- or adding it to a Bloody Mary for a nice kick. Even better could be a delightful martini. If this works -- later this summer I might try making a cocktail variation of Tom Kha Gai

0 comments:

Post a Comment